Who Are the Promise Keepers?
The Promise Keepers reflects the vision of University of Colorado football coach Bill McCartney. It is more fully described in Tony Evans' The Seven Promises of a Promise Keeper. It is a nondenominational, multiracial organization committed to training men how to be responsible to God, to their wives and children, to their churches and to each other. The Washington Post has described it as "a conservative Christian revival movement challenging feminism, gay rights and major aspects of liberal society." We reprint the Seven Promises below.
The Seven Promises
1. A Promise Keeper is committed to honoring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer and obedience to God's Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. A Promise Keeper is committed to pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
3. A Promise Keeper is committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical and sexual purity.
4. A Promise Keeper is committed to building strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.
5. A Promise Keeper is committed to supporting the mission of the church by honoring and praying for his pastor, and by actively giving his time and resources.
6. A Promise Keeper is committed to reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity.
7. A Promise Keeper is committed to influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (see Mark 12:30-31) and the Great Commission (see Matt. 28:19-20)
Mark 12:30-31: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely, this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment that is greater than these. (KJV)
Matt. 28:19-20: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoevr I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (KJV)
Help us help men
Every $20 helps!
Press the "Back" button on your browser to return